Skip to content

A horses tale

June 2, 2010

Yesterday I managed to get outside for about an hour and attach the tail to our horse 🙂 I used a piece of old leather strap and thick rope. It was quite easy to drill through the drum and use some self tapping screws to attach the rope. I then just unraveled each strand and voila! One horsey tail 🙂
You know I have been doing Google image searches and web searches for weeks now trying to find someone else who has made a 44 gallon drum horse and there is nothing out there at all! So perhaps by sharing each step of my progress it might inspire someone else 🙂

I’m playing around with how I’m going to do the head. Its not easy! I thought perhaps a galvanized bucket might look neat…I just have to figure out how the heck to attach it to the neck?

FAMILY NEWS: Poor Talissa has been home this week with a gastro bug – at least I think its gastro, as she hasn’t actually vomited but she has had terrible stomach pains and gastro is going around at school. So she has been staying home with me wrapped in her PJ’s and dressing gown.

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. June 2, 2010 10:53 am

    Love your horsey! Can’t wait to see the finished work.

    Had a little chuckle at your last sentence (sorry) picturing you wrapped in Talissa’s PJ’s and dressing gown. Hope T feels better real soon.

    😀

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s